Our ValuesWhat We Believe In
- True Friendship; we extend an “Assisting Hand” to one another; we seek to exact harmony and prevent strife among our members
- The primacy of Alma Mater; we are loyal students and alumni for life
- The promotion of knowledge and the advancement of culture
- The virtues of Truth, Temperance,and Tolerance
- The usefulness of our Fraternity; we seek the mutual benefit and improvement of all our members and strive to serve our country and our fellow man
Θηρόποεα Χείρ - an “Assisting Hand”
“Alma Mater First and Theta Chi for Alma Mater”
The Fraternity Maxim is used in Theta Chi to emphasize our commitment to the missions of the institutions where Theta Chi is present. We believe that our members share a lifelong responsibility to be active participants in campus affairs and their local communities.
Written in 1915, the Creed has become an important part of our traditions and is a public expression of our ideals and objectives as a fraternity:
“I believe in Theta Chi, its traditions and its ideals. Born of sturdy manhood, nurtured by resolute men, ennobled by high and sacred purpose, it has taken its place among the educational institutions of America as a promoter of knowledge, an advancer of culture and a builder of character."
"It inspires true friendship: teaches truth, temperance and tolerance, extols virtue, exacts harmony, and extends a helping hand to all who seek it."
“I believe in the primacy of alma mater; in the usefulness of my fraternity, in its influence and its accomplishments and I shall do all in my power to perpetuate its ideals, thereby serving my God, my country and my fellow man.”