Theta Chi is one of the oldest men’s college fraternities in North America. Founded in 1856, more than 175,000 members have enjoyed the Fraternity’s traditions, ideals and fellowship.
Founded on the principle of friendship through the mutual assistance of every member, Theta Chi aims to provide its members with an enjoyable and fulfilling collegiate experience that also prepares them for rewarding, successful lives after graduation.
Our undergraduates are leaders on campus, in the classroom and on the field. We invite you to learn more about who we are
and what we do
. Feel free to contact a member of our staff
with any additional questions.
View Theta Chi active chapters in a larger map
Theta Chi statistics
- Founding Date: April 10, 1856
- Location of Founding: Norwich University (Norwich, Vermont)
- Founding Fathers: Frederick Norton Freeman and Arthur Chase
- Fraternity Colors: Military red and white
- Fraternity Flower: Red carnation
- Magazine: The Rattle of Theta Chi
- Headquarters location: Carmel, IN
- Chapters installed since 1856: 226
- Active chapters: 139
- Official colonies: 7
- Undergraduate members: approx 6,700
- Total initiates since 1856: 175,000+
- Headquarters staff members: 27
Although Theta Chi has not adopted an official national philanthropy, the Grand Chapter has designated the following charities as "preferred philanthropies," to which chapters and alumni are encouraged to contribute.
The preferred philanthropies of Theta Chi Fraternity are: