House Corporations

A Theta Chi house corporation is a legally incorporated 501(c)(7) not-for-profit corporation managed by an elected board of Theta Chi volunteers with the sole purpose of overseeing and managing the chapter’s housing facility. Because of its purpose, a house corporation is not the same as a chapter advisory board or an alumni association. House corporations associated with active Theta Chi chapters may apply for financial assistance through The Norwich Housing Corporation.

Starting a House Corporation
For an overview of the process of establishing a house corporation, click here. For more information, contact your local IRS office or call 1-800-829-4933 for the IRS business tax assistance line. 


Click here to update your chapter's Housing Corporation Officers



IRS Forms for Starting a House Corporation:

Publication 577 – Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization

Form SS-4 – Application for Empoyer Identification Number

Form 8718 – User Fee for Exempt Organization Determination Letter Request

Form 1024 – Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(a)

Additional questions?
E-mail any additional questions to