2021 Founders Day Results
Thanks to generous brothers and donors, Theta Chi broke records on Founders Day and more than doubled the amount raised by the Foundation Chapter on any previous Founders Day!
The online total raised on Founders Day was $103,800.00 with 390 donors from 103 different chapters.
Our 2021 Chapter Challenge winner was Gamma Rho/Florida State with 76 donors who gave $26,450.00!
Gamma Rho brothers broke records in both dollars and donors and will receive an over-the-top catered tailgate event hosted by Greek House Chef so collegiate and alumni brothers can celebrate together. In recognition of their victory, the Florida State flag will fly at Theta Chi International Headquarters the week of May 3, 2021.
Our Top 10 chapters at the end of the Chapter Challenge:
- Gamma Rho/Florida State - $26,375.00 via 74 donors
- Theta Iota/UC-Santa Cruz - $7,500.00 via 4 donors
- Chi/Auburn - $7,250.00 via 19 donors
- Alpha Phi/Alabama - $6,500.00 via 21 donors
- Zeta Epsilon/Long Beach State - $5,164.99 via 18 donors
- Phi/North Dakota State - $5,015.00 via 24 donors
- Delta Phi/North Texas - $3,270.00 via 3 donors
- Beta Chi/Allegheny - $2,850.00 via 3 donors
- Alpha Delta/Purdue - $2,725.00 via 17 donors
- Epsilon Phi/Central Missouri - $2,512.06 via 22 donors
Our Top 10 online donors:
- Bob Sasser (Gamma Rho/Florida State 1973) - $10,000.00
- Herb Morgan (Theta Iota/UC-Santa Cruz 1988) - $5,000.00
- Steve Mudder (Gamma Rho/Florida State 1995) - $3,500.00
- Maultsby Family Fund-Vance Maultsby (Delta Phi/North Texas 1974) - $3,000.00
- Byron Vielehr (Beta Theta/Drexel 1987) - $2,500.00
- Philip Pappas (Beta Chi/Allegheny 1979) - $2,500.00
- Patrick O'Connor (Chi/Auburn 1978) - $2,500.00
- Sean Don Carlos (Gamma Upsilon/Bradley 2003) - $2,000.00
- James McMahon (Zeta Epsilon/Long Beach State 1979) - $2,000.00
- Lindsay Olsen (Delta Psi/Kansas 1983) - $1,500.00
Because of gifts to the Foundation Chapter of Theta Chi, Theta Chi collegians are awarded academic scholarships and have access to world class leadership training. Over $250,000 in scholarships is awarded each year to more than 150 collegians to help these brothers remain in school, complete their degree, and contribute more to their local chapter. Each year over 500 collegians receive valuable leadership training and personal development to become better brothers and more successful after graduation.
The 2021 Founders Day included an all-day livestream, Theta Chi giveaways, a museum tour, a cooking show, and updates on all corners of the fraternity. The Theta Chi Headquarters staff rallied together to share about opportunities for volunteers, chapter growth and expansion, and what it is like being a Theta Chi field staff member.
We also had a record-breaking mail-in campaign raising over $52,000.00!
2021 Founders Day was a great success because of brothers who are dedicated to extending a Helping Hand and investing in future generations of Resolute Men.
Founded in 1856, Theta Chi Fraternity is a men’s collegiate fraternity with more than 196,000 initiated members and has established 245 chapters. Leadership development, personal development, and service to alma mater are fundamental to Theta Chi Fraternity’s mission.