WASHINGTON, D.C. - During the 166th Anniversary Convention in Washington, D.C., delegates elected the 2022/2024 Grand Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity. International Vice President Creig Andreasen was elected International President and International Chaplain Toby Roth was elected International Vice President.
The 2022/2024 Grand Chapter:
- International President – Creig L. Andreasen (Alpha Pi/Minnesota 1990)
- International Vice President – Toby B. Roth (Alpha Phi/Alabama 1990)
- International Secretary – Alan B. Copeland (Zeta Beta/Adrian 1989)
- International Treasurer – Thomas N. Thompson (Rho/Illinois 1998)
- International Counselor – Richard P. Santoriello (Epsilon Sigma/Wagner 1987)
- International Marshal – Steve W. Gonzalez (Zeta Pi/Old Dominion 1998)
- International Chaplain – Dr. James A. Black (Gamma Rho/Florida State 2008)
- International Historian – James J. McMahon (Zeta Epsilon/Long Beach State 1979)
Toby Roth was reelected by the Convention delegates to his second term on Grand Chapter. Rich Santoriello, Steve Gonzalez, and James Black were elected to their first term.
Creig Andreasen will complete his second term in 2024. Brothers Alan Copeland, Jim McMahon, and Tom Thompson will complete their first term of service in 2024 and will be eligible for nomination to be reelected for a second term at the 168th Anniversary Convention.
A very special thank you goes to retiring Grand Chapter members Darick Brown (retiring International President), Herb Morgan, and Chad Strelow for their years of unwavering service and dedication to Theta Chi Fraternity. Brothers Brown, Morgan, and Strelow were elected at the 158th Anniversary Convention in 2014.
The Fraternity’s Board of Directors is known as the Grand Chapter, and is Theta Chi’s supreme administrative, executive, and judicial body. It is composed of eight alumnus volunteers.
The Grand Chapter was formed at the 52nd Anniversary Convention in 1908 and meets multiple times a year to discuss Fraternity business, set policy, and evaluate overall strategy.
Board members serve four-year terms and may not serve more than two terms consecutively. Elections are held every two years as part of the International Convention.
Founded in 1856, Theta Chi Fraternity is a men’s collegiate fraternity with more than 191,000 initiated members and has established 243 chapters. Leadership development, personal development, and service to alma mater are fundamental to Theta Chi Fraternity’s mission.