Delta Kappa Colony
Ball State University
Installed: January 20, 1951
Re-colonized: November 21, 2021
Location: Muncie, IN
The Delta Kappa Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity was recolonized on November 21, 2021, with a total of fifteen men pledging.
Delta Kappa traces its roots all the way back to 1922, when The Triangle Club was founded on February 16th. The club thrived on campus, standing for Fellowship, Loyalty, and Service. Back in those days, Ball State did not allow fraternal organizations on campus, however this policy was eventually changed. Shortly after the policy change, the Triangle Club elected to further push it’s limits and attempt to join a national fraternity.
The Delta Kappa chapter was chartered on January 20, 1951 at Ball State’s beautiful Arts Terrace.
In the first years of Delta Kappa's existence, we called Ball State’s Elliot Hall home. For nearly the next 50 years, Delta Kappa lived in six different houses.
Delta Kappa received the Alter Award in back-to-back years: 2007 – 2008 and 2008 – 2009.