Location: Theta Chi Fraternity International Headquarters; 865 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN
Compensation: Full-time base salary commensurate with education and experience; Competitive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance plan; 401(k) option
Job Description: Theta Chi Fraternity is seeking applicants for the position of Housing Support Specialist. This position is responsible for a wide range of administrative and office support facilitating the efficient operation of the organization’s housing department.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Provide support for the Chief Housing Officer and the organization’s overall housing department
• Support the implementation of the Norwich Housing Corporation’s strategic initiatives
• Assist in the coordination of board meeting logistics for the Norwich Housing Corporation (NHC) including meeting materials, travel coordination/logistics
• Coordinate logistics for an annual volunteer educational training seminar held in Carmel Indiana on odd numbered years and other locations around the country on even years
• Utilize specialized software to record and track mortgage payments for NHC
• Provide timely communications of mortgage balances, escrow discrepancies, and monthly statements for all NHC clients
• Provide property tax and insurance coverage monitoring for NHC clients.
• Develop working relationships with all recognized alumni corporations in Theta Chi Fraternity
• Act as a point person for ongoing communications about the NHC individual investment housing funds
• Managing and organizing current and historical NHC files and documentation
• Assist with temporary property management for multiple Theta Chi houses
• Assist with training and recruiting local live-in advisers when necessary
• Documenting all NHC construction projects including organizing all before and after photos to create a portfolio of work
• Research and confirm information contained in loan applications to the NHC
• Creating and distributing NHC communication/marking pieces
• Creating an up-to-date database of collegiate housing across the country
• Assist with onsite coordination of fraternity housing closures or membership transitions when necessary
• Other duties as may be assigned
Travel to biennial 6-day summer conference (frequently held out of state) may be required.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated professional and team player with a passion for supporting collegiate communal housing experiences and a desire to advance the mission of the overall organization. Candidates will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including, but not limited to:
• The ability to work well with students, alumnus volunteers, non-profit board officers and local government officials
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving abilities
• Associate degree or higher, plus relevant experience
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be able to learn the organization’s database system. Candidates should also have experience with managing files and records, answering phones, and knowledge of office procedures and terminology.
Compensation – Full-time base salary commensurate with education and experience; Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance plan; 401(k) option; paid holidays and vacation.
About Theta Chi Fraternity – Founded in 1856, Theta Chi Fraternity is a men’s collegiate fraternity with more than 196,000 initiated members and has established 244 chapters. Theta Chi’s mission is to develop college-age men into successful students, good citizens, lifelong brothers, and resolute leaders.
About The Norwich Housing Corporation – Founded in 1929 and originally called the National Board of Trustees (NBT), The Norwich Housing Corporation (NHC) is a private, not-for-profit lender that provides housing loans to alumni-led house corporations which are associated with chapters of Theta Chi Fraternity.
Application Procedure: Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Bill Russo, Chief Housing Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Bill Russo, Chief Housing Officer
Theta Chi Fraternity
PO Box 503
Carmel, IN 46082
No phone calls please.