Below is a collection of useful resources and to reference as you and your chapter/colony navigate the upcoming academic year and COVID-19.
Resources for collegiate operations
- Theta Chi Fraternity COVID-19 Best Practices Quick Guide: This document outlines the expectations and recommendations for the fraternity’s operations as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Theta Chi Fraternity’s COVID-19 Reporting Protocol: What is expected when a member of your chapter tests positive for COVID-19.
- Chapter/Colony Operations and Chapter Housing during COVID-19: Slides from the July 14th, 2020 Theta Chi Fraternity webinar relating to COVID-19.
- Resources for fraternities and sororities: A collection of resources from Holmes Murphy, including many specifically regarding COVID-19
- Hosting events during COVID-19: From Holmes Murphy, considerations for hosting events during COVID-19
- Managing the Fall and COVID-19: A resource from the Fraternity Forward Coalition regarding fraternity recruitment and social events during COVID-19
- Managing Fraternal Events – Fall 2020: A quick checklist from the Fraternity Forward Coalition to utilize when considering hosting events during COVID-19
Resources for Alumni Corporations
with collegiate housing
- Opening Checklist: A checklist from Holmes Murphy to assist Alumni Corporations in planning and preparing for students to return to the chapter facility
- COVID-19 Guidance for Shared or Congregate Housing: Created to help owners, administrators, or operators of shared (also called “congregate”) housing facilities prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Force Majeure Resource: Provided by Holmes Murphy, a resource for understanding force majeure and how to incorporate this language into contracts
- Five Questions for Fall 2020: Information from Fraternal Law Partners about five common questions fraternities and sororities are asking as we head into the fall
- Webinar on cleaning and sanitizing your chapter house: Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice and the Global Biorisk Advisory Council cover timely topics such as proper use of disinfecting cleaners, creating your "bubble", masks and face shields, how to respond to a positive case in your house, and much more.
General COVID-19 resources
- COVID-19 resources by state: For more information about each state’s individual response to COVID-19
- Holmes Murphy COVID-19 Resource Center: Provided by Holmes Murphy and updated daily, a collection of resources related to COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
- Studentaid.gov: Coronavirus and forbearance information for students, borrowers, and parents
Below is a collection of useful resources and insightful articles to reference as you and your chapter/colony live out our Sacred Purpose.
ULifeline: Online resource for college mental health
Active Minds: Resource for changing the conversation about mental health
CollegeDrinkingPrevention.gov: A one-stop resource for comprehensive research-based information on issues related to alcohol abuse and binge drinking among college students
FRMT: Resources for fraternal organizations
Free Mental Health and Addiction Resources: Informative and action-based resources for mental health and addiction assistance
CampusFireSafety.Org: The nation’s leading resource for public fire and life safety education on college campuses
College Student Safety Guide: Guide that provides information regarding safe student and campus practices
Addiction and Rehab Information: Website that provides information, resources, and treatment for people battling addiction and related conditions
Not Your Typical Addict: Blog-style resource related to addiction and mental health concerns
Addiction Center: Resource about issues facing college students, including but not limited to alcohol and drug use and abuse
Blog: A college student’s guide to stress: Western Governor’s University’s comprehensive guide about coping with stress in college
Holmes Murphy Fraternal Resources: Educational information and resources for fraternities and sororities provided by Holmes Murphy