Professional Development Ambassador
One of the most important benefits to joining a fraternity is the network gained. Theta Chi Fraternity has over 140,000 alumni across the globe. While connections and networking are a significant selling point during recruitment, are brothers truly capitalizing on the usefulness of our Fraternity? As alumni, it is important we bring the value of 140,000 connections to the local level.
Building a network takes time and it can be tough knowing where to start. The Professional Development Ambassador serves as a resource by giving collegians a direct point of contact to begin a positive mentor relationship. For an alumnus, being a mentor provides the opportunity to share his knowledge and skills by investing in someone else. This role separates Theta Chi from the competition. Rather than just having alumni that exist, we are putting their expertise into action by truly enhancing the membership experience that is promised.
Duties & Expectations:
- Complete an online training with the Senior Director of Training & Development from the International Headquarters.
- Establish and consistently update an active LinkedIn group for your chapter’s collegians and alumni.
- Communicate with the chapter’s executive board leadership and offer support.
- Meet (in-person or remotely) with graduating seniors at least once a year.
- Connect brothers who are seeking professional development support.
- Demonstrate strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Be willing to travel and meet with brothers if needed.
- Act in a positive and professional manner throughout communication.
- Be familiar with the Ritual, The Constitution and Bylaws of Theta Chi Fraternity, Inc., and Theta Chi’s Safety Standards Manual.
- Located in the Resource Center at thetachi.org/mythetachi
- Answer correspondence or requests for information in a timely fashion (i.e. 48 hours).