Twenty-one years after the tragic terror attacks on September 11, 2001, we pause to reflect and remember those we lost and the heroes who stepped up in the face of insurmountable challenges.
Using material collected from articles, obituaries, books, social media, recollections, and other sources, the Fraternity has assembled profiles of the ten (currently known) Theta Chi brothers who were affected and involved that horrible day.
In each case, the facts are reported as best as is currently known and available.
We present the following profiles with all due respect, sympathy, and care.
- Craig M. Blass (Eta Kappa/James Madison 1996)
- Mark A. Brisman (Kappa Xi/Albany 1990)
- Scott T. Coleman (Iota/Colgate 1994)
- John W. Farrell (Delta Gamma/WV Wesleyan 1982)
- J. Nicholas Humber (Delta/RPI 1963)
- Gary F. Lutnick (Epsilon Rho/Rider 1987)
- Mark E. Schurmeier (Gamma Omicron/Wake Forest 1979)
- William C. Sugra (Epsilon Eta/IUP 1993)
- Jon C. Vandevander (Epsilon Beta/Lycoming 1979)
- Patrick A. Versage (Epsilon Sigma/Wagner 1990)
Click here to view an approximate timeline of what is currently known about these brothers during September 11, 2001.